Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tempting But Good Day

Yesterday was one of my nephews' birthday so at dinner time we went over to their house for the party. They were serving different types of pasta and breadsticks from Pizza Hut, a salad with creamy dressing and cheese, home made fruit punch and topped it all off with a cake.

I HAD NONE OF IT!

I didn't have the cravings I thought I would but the smells made it difficult. I was more tempted to eat cake than anything else. But day was healthy and gratifying. For breakfast I juiced 3 oranges and ate a banana. For lunch I ate some vegetarian chili my wife made. This was the first cooked meal I'd had all week. I ate a small portion because I won't be able to eat anything cooked during the cleanse. For dinner I had a salad with some organic Goddess Dressing which contained Tahini. It was very good. I drank some juice and had a lot of water throughout the day. I didn't really ever feel hungry, at least not like I had the first couple of days.

My wife is doing Weight Watchers so she's counting points. This morning I had her figure out my points for yesterday just to see. I'm allowed 33 points given my height, weight, etc. I used about 20 points yesterday. I've used 9 today so far. I say this to give a benchmark to those that might understand that system and compare it to how I am eating and how you are eating.

I went to the doctor today to get a baseline for my health pre-cleanse. My appointment was at 9:10. I didn't see the doctor until 10. I like my doctor but I feel like I should bill her for time lost. Checkup went well. I had some blood drawn so they can check all the good stuff. I'm really interested in knowing the results as I've never had blood work done before.

That's pretty much it for now. More tomorrow I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment