Monday, October 19, 2009

Lunch Today

I decided that I should start preparing myself for the cleanse. I'm really excited about it but I know it's going to be tough. I'm an American boy raised on an American midwest diet which consists of a lot of flesh and dairy. I'm a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

Today I had a small salad for lunch. Organic greens (romaine/iceberg lettuce), organic cucumbers, grape tomatoes, carrots, peppers (green, red, yellow, and orange) some onion, and sunflower seeds. I also have some fruit to snack on later, some dried organic banana slices, and some pistachios. Some of this will be more than I am able to have during the cleanse but I preparing my body by taking in no flesh and no dairy. I don't expect to become a vegan after the cleanse but it is important to eat as clean as possible during the cleanse for the process to be most effective.

I also had a Naked Blue Machine Superfood Juice Smoothie and plan on drinking water throughout the rest of the day. Tonight I am thinking a fruit salad for dinner. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment